February 28, 2011

ARCO, Madrid

I visited ARCO (the Madrid Modern Art Fair) two weeks ago and I must say that, even if I went there two days in a row, I didn't have enough time to diggest everything that was presented. I admired many of the pieces of art that I saw anyhow. It's obvious (or not so) that it's easy to find something inspiring in a huge space dedicated to new ways of creating, full of galleries from all over the world that bring their new found perceptions to the table. 


This piece by Rubén Ramos Balsa was one of my favorties by far. It's a small table with a projection of the sea inside, surrounded by mirrors (which gives it an effect of infinity). It just gives the impression that something so vast can be kept in something so small. I also wish I could have this as my night stand, it would be so amazing to fall asleep and wake up with the sound of the ocean.


I really liked this piece by Tanya Akhmetgalieva that represents the birth, the suffering and the final relief and happiness. It's all sewed onto the canvas. 


This piece by the Cuban artists Los Carpinteros was really powerfull as well. They work with wood and created a space that, from my point of view, represented the inertia of direction and narrow possibilities. In this case, how the furniture of an office  moves exactly towards the same direction, when hit by an explosion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment