February 15, 2011

Out of Africa (Animal Kingdom)

I've been a lazy lazy boy but, as I promised, I've decided that it's time to upload some pictures that I took whilst in the Safari at the Kruger Park. Such an amazing experience and a close contact with rough nature and my inner instinct. 


After this trip I completely understand why the lion is the king of the jungle. We had the privilege to see nature in its essence. The lion approached the rest of the animals (zebras, giraffes, impalas, buffalos and more) and I could feel the respect and tension that its presence awakens. It all happened while the sun was setting (just to add a little more drama and National Geographic-imagery to the situation)


The rhyno looks like such a peaceful animal but it can definitely become as agressive as the others. I learned that, sadly, some smugglers kill them and cut their horns. Such a horrible situation that must be stopped. 


Such a funny, yet elegant, creature. The movement of its figure seems to be dancing to an oriental theme. 


Just WOW. We were 2 meters aways from it and my heart started racing just by looking into his -oh so- energetic eyes. 



We were so lucky to see a family of lions. This was at sunset too and they were getting ready to hunt (it's a good thing that we weren't their dinner)


You have to live it to understand the power in those yellow eyes. It really makes you see your life before yours.

It wasn't all about the big five (Lion, Rhyno, Hippo, Buffalo and Leopard). We got to see many different birds, all of them more colorful and special than the previous ones. 

Stay tuned for more animals and other photos from South Africa...

No comments:

Post a Comment