January 11, 2011

Start spreading the news... I'm in a New York State of Mind

New York, how many things have been said about this wonderful city... Everyone describes it from their point of view but if one thing is true is that it's probably one of the most, if not the most, exciting and dynamic cities in the world. There's always something new to do, everyday that passes new trends arise, new restaurants open, there's a new it person or place, and people arrive full of dreams in order to make it in the city that never sleeps. As Frank Sinatra sang: "If you can make it there, you'll make it anywhere...", and I agree. Besides being an amazing city, it's also the most vicious one; if you're not careful it will chew you up and spit you out. Just stay true to yourself and you'll be fine ;) 


I had an incredible 2 weeks there with one of my friends and I don't dismiss the possibility of moving there if something draws me down that spiral of caos and magnificence. But for now, here are some pictures that I took whilst there. More to come...


Brooklyn Bridge. A division of two worlds that have ended up merging


Jogging in Central Park, such a privilege...


"The Creation of Adam" in the middle of Lafayette St. Has New York become the new paradise? Or the new forbidden temptation?


Breakfast at Tiffany's ;) and yellow taxi, very New York


West side, Hudson River. Great place to think, run, relax and escape from the caos that is Manhattan


The Meatpacking district is packed with urban art; as well as many modern shops, restaurants and hot spots. I've heard it has become a bit touristic and it's not what it used to be, but I still enjoyed it


How amazing would it be to be alone in Central Park at night with no worries of being mugged or shot, just walking around with the lamps' light and, if you're lucky, the moon sight


I love these emergency staircases. Stairway to heaven in the West Village (be careful with the rusty edges)


Posters in Harlem. You can find from Mick Jagger to Pelé.


I like this photo because it's blurry. It's an old Upper East Side woman walking her poodle

No comments:

Post a Comment