January 25, 2011

There's more to Paris than the Eiffel Tower

When people visit Paris, they just want to walk along the Seine, try to find Quasimodo at Notre Dame, eat crêpes and take a picture next to the Eiffel Tower (because, lets face it, that's the first picture people ask to see when you've been in Paris). Don't get me wrong, this landmarks and clichés are amazing, but Paris is so much more than that. Besides being the most beautiful city in the world (from many points of view), its energy flows in unwalked-by-the-tourists areas such as Canal St Martin, Belleville, the 10th Arrondissement, the real Latin Quartier, Le Marais and so many other Parisian spots that sometimes aren't even part of the planned route. 

Living in this city for a year was a privilege and, as such, I took advantage of that experience. Little by little (because it would take me hours to write all at once), I'll share my favorite spots, bars, restaurants, and places that one must visit (from my point of view) whilst in Paris. 


Looking out the window from my appartment at Avenue Marceau, Paris (May 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment