January 17, 2011

To be Tacky or not to be... Patricia Field's Store in NYC

I was watching a "Sex and the City" episode when I remembered... Walking down Bowery Street I bumped into Patricia Field's Shop. She was the stylist for shows such as "Sex and the City" or "Ugly Betty", and movies like "The Devil Wears Prada".


When you get in you are instantly blinded by the colors and craziness of the store, including the salesclerks. Really campy clothes and accesories that are so ridiculously over the top that actually go 360º around to get to the point of coolness. I took a look at all the fabulous (and I use the term as any "Sex and the City" maniac would) items displayed inside and their amazingness kept me busy for about an hour! There are designer brands, second hand garments and plenty of Patricia Field's merchandising to chose from. In addition, there's a beauty parlor where you can get your hair cut, or flipped around and dyed hot pink. There's nothing too eccentric for this store. You are who you are, and you'll be treated exactly that way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment